Create a simple holiday wreath for the hearth of your home or to welcome your friends and family.
A ring or frame—this can be a wire wreath frame, an embroidery hoop or metal ring for crocheting from your local hobby store
Spool of wire
Mix of evergreens like cedar, juniper, balsam, pine, boxwood and eucalyptus
Additional items you may want to add in such as ribbon, pine cones or cotton
- 1. Cut pieces of all your evergreens into 6-inc10-inch inch pieces. Bundle four stems together with wire until you have around 10-12 small clusters.
- 2. Start at the top of your round ring frame and lash your first small cluster of greens with the stems angled down. Add the next small cluster with the tops covering the exposed wired stems and, with the spool, lash that bundle onto the frame.
- 3. Repeat until all the frame is covered.
- 4. Spray down your wreath with Wilt Stop to preserve it and slow down the dehydration of the wreath.
- 5. Add your additional pine cones, cotton or ribbon to finish off.
- 6. Hang up and enjoy.
To find out about pop-up classes around town, visit VictorianGardens.com