- • 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • salt and ground black pepper to taste
- • 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- • 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- • 1 cup dried cranberries
- • 1/4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until coated. Transfer coated sprouts to a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until sprouts are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Cook and stir hazelnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer hazelnuts to a bowl.
- 5. Cook and stir bacon in the same skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Add maple syrup and rosemary; cook, stirring often, until the bacon drippings and maple syrup begin to thicken and stick to the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- 6. Combine cooked Brussels sprouts and bacon mixture together in a large bowl; toss until sprouts are coated with maple syrup sauce. Sprinkle in hazelnuts, cranberries, and Pecorino-Romano cheese; toss well. This dish is best served warm.
Recipe from all recipes.com